The history of olive oil dates back to Neolithic times, and it was considered the greatest gift of God to mankind by ancient Greeks who used it as a medicine for treating various medical conditions. It was also used as an essential oil for treating various skin diseases and ailments.
The trees are native to the Mediterranean Basin and later spread to the rest of the world. The oil is obtained by pressing whole olives and is presently used for cooking and in the pharmaceutical and cosmetics industry.
Extra virgin olive oil is undoubtedly the healthiest fat on earth because it is a rich source of monounsaturated fats, oleic acid, omega 6 fatty acids, omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin E, vitamin K, and antioxidants.
Extra virgin olive oil is of the best quality that is extracted by the first pressing of the olives. It can contain no refined oil
Olive oil is one of the most effective natural oils that help in lightening wrinkles and fine lines and tightening sagging skin. It is a rich source of vitamins, minerals, and natural fatty acids that nourishes the skin because it is readily absorbed by the skin pores.
Being loaded with vitamins A and E, it functions as a powerful antioxidant and helps in hydrating skin and maintaining its
Easy Tips for a Perfect Olive Oil Massage
Now that you know the amazing benefits of olive oil, it is time to know about the guidelines following which you can give and receive wholesome and nourishing olive oil massages. One can opt for a body massage and an overnight olive oil hair treatment for improving scalp and hair health.
the proper ambiance by dimming the lights, putting on some soft music, and lighting a scented candle. Generate a soothing a slightly warm atmosphere so that the person receiving the massage feels comfortable at all times.
The person receiving the message must lie down on a hard surface. Remember to check if the person you are massaging has many tensions, pains, or sensitive areas.
Keep clean towels handy.
Prepare the massage oil by heating it and bring it back to a temperature that the receiver can withstand. Mix 8 oz of extra virgin olive oil with 1/4 oz of mint or rosemary oil for a refreshing and lovely aroma.
Make the person lie down on his/her stomach. Take some oil in your palms and start massage the back lightly by making a soft circular motion with your palms and fingers.
Start from the lower back region, pointing your fingers towards the neck and move up toward the shoulders and bring your hands back down to the sides of the body.
Use a kneading technique to put pressure on the large muscles present on both sides of the spine.
This area requires special attention because a lot of tension builds in this area. As you reach the upper back, as your partner to bend his or her elbows so that the shoulder blades stick out.
This will provide better access to the muscles around the shoulder blades.
Use a press and release technique to massage the neck and shoulders. Use a kneading motion and press the thumbs deep into the shoulder muscles. Do not press too hard into the collarbone.
Now work on the arms hands and fingers, massaging gently, with light pressure. Work one arm at a time for better results. Hold your partner’s wrist and lift the entire arm off the mat.
Now use your hand to massage the back of the forearm, triples, and over the shoulders and moving onto the opposite side. Take each finger at a time, pull them softly and slide than from knuckles to nails.
Use kneading motions when massaging the thighs and legs, working up to the feet and toes. Wrap both hands around the foot and apply pressure to the sole using your thumb. Emphasize the arch of the foot because a lot of tension accumulates in this area. Message the ball and heel of the foot.
Grab each toe and give a gentle pull. Provide long relaxing strokes to the legs from the calf to the upper thigh. Apply kneading pressure on the calf and then move on to the thigh.
Turn him/her over and start massaging the chest and stomach area with soft motions of the finger. Massage the face, temple, forehead, and cheeks gently by using your fingers, see to it that the oil does not get into the eyes.
Gently massage the top of the scalp by applying soft pressure with your thumbs. Use the fingertips to massage the temples in a slow circular motion. Use your thumbs and forefinger to massage the folds and ear lobes.
Never rush through the massage. Work slowly and gently on each body part by giving long, slow, and smooth strokes so that it turns into a relaxing and luxurious experience.
Finish off by wiping off the excess oil with a clean towel. A relaxing olive oil body massage is best finished off with a rejuvenating hot bath.
1. Moisturizer For Dry Skin: Extra virgin olive oil is considered a wonderful moisturizer for your face and your body. In winter, Olive oil has natural lipids that contribute to sebum production. Sebum is the human's lubricant. Olive oil is safe and easily absorbed.
2. Wash Your Face With Olive Oil: Olive oil is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and monounsaturated fatty acids. It is the reason why olive oil has inflammation properties, Although olive oil is non-comedogenic and does not cause clogged pores, people using olive oil still experience a breakout.
3. Olive Oil For Oily Skin: Oily skin is a nightmare for some people, It makes their skin look dull and lead to several skin problems such as acne, and blemishes.
Thank the antioxidant properties of olive oil, It can help you to fight against skin diseases, including blackheads, blemishes, chronic acne, and skin cancer.
Olive oil is effective in deep cleansing your skin, removing the dirt and oil from your skin pores.
4. Olive Oil For Anti-Aging: Olive oil is beneficial for your skin. It can help you to fight against the process due to oleic acid and polyphenols in olive oil. Moreover, monounsaturated fats, as well as B, D vitamins, play the important role in preventing the new wrinkles from appearing. Moreover, they also effective in vanishing sand smoothing the existing wrinkles
5. How To Exfoliate Your Skin With Olive Oil: Exfoliating means that you resolve the clogged pores and get rid of dead skin cells. The possible reason may be that it does not clog your pores.
6. Olive Oil For Dark Circles Under Your Eyes: Fortunately, you can treat dark circles under your eyes easily and effectively with olive oil solution. The simplest way on how to get rid of dark circles around your eyes with olive oil is gently massaging the skin around and under your eyes to brighten your dark circles. Moreover, olive oil is also effective in erasing the wrinkles under your eyes permanently. Using olive oil for the skin is under the eyes will regenerate the new skin cell. As a result, It will give your skin a healthy and glowing look.
7. Olive Oil And Turmeric: Turmeric and olive oil are effective in treating dark circles around your eyes too. Like olive oil, turmeric has many beneficial properties that help to treat several skin problems, including black eyes, dark circles. Soak cotton wool the water and use this damp cotton wool to wipe it gently.
8. Olive Oil And Lemon: How to use olive oil for skincare and how to get rid of dark circles around your eyes, you should not ignore the mixture of olive oil and lemon. Both olive oil and lemon are effective in brightening your skin and removing the dark spots. Using this mixture to lighten the dark circle will bring wonderful and amazing benefits. Moreover, lemon juice has antioxidant. When it is combined with olive oil, it will give you significant and amazing results.
9. Olive Oils For Soft Hands And Feet: It is surprising when we can use olive oil for any parts of your body. Olive oil can not only remove your dark circle, treat oily skin, moisturize your skin but also soften your hands and feet. Olive oil has omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids; therefore, it can make your skin smooth and soft. Olive oil is effective in reducing the scars, alleviating redness, and softening your skin. Because it can diminish your wrinkles on your hands, it makes your hands look healthier and younger. Use the clean towel to pat it dry. After that, you can apply olive oils to your feet. It is suggested to use one tablespoon olive oil for each foot. However, if you want more, it is alright. You should massage your feet with your fingers for a couple of minutes. Put on the cotton socks and go to bed. In the morning, after you wake up, you can rinse your feet. If you have more problems on your feet, using this treatment only may not help you to solve it. However, the regular application will give you the desired result – the baby smooth feet.
10. Olive Oil For Sunburn Treatment: Excessive exposure to the sun can cause sunburn and its symptoms will be unpleasant and uncomfortable. Sunburn should be treated with medical care. However, many effective natural ways help you to find significant relief. One of the excellent home remedies is olive oil.
11. Olive Oil Bath: Sophia Loren who is a beautiful Italian actress wants to share her secret of using olive oil for skincare. She said that she loves taking a bath with olive oil. To prepare this bath, you just need to put 5tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil into your warm water bathtub.
12. Olive Oil Body Lotion: Another use of olive oil for skincare is body lotion. Using olive oil as the body lotion is amazing and efficient,
13. Olive Oil As The Makeup Remover: As the makeup remover, olive oil will remove the dirt and makeup from your skin while nourishing it at the same time.
Olive oil can remove your waterproof makeup easily.
14. Rejuvenate Your Lips With Olive Oil: Therefore, rejuvenating your lips is one of the uses of olive oil for skin. Moreover, the combination of olive oil and sugar can become an excellent simple lip scrub. Just need to mix the sugar and olive oil in equal quantities to make the fine paste. Rub the paste on your lips.
15. Make A Honey, Yogurt And Olive Oil Facial Masks: The uses of olive oil for skincare, you should not skip this mask made from yogurt, honey, and olive oil. The honey is effective in hydrating your skin.