Your shopping cart is empty!
4-6 cups Chopped lettuce (I like Romaine and Boston Bibb)
2 eggs, poached
1/4 cup pine nuts
4 tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
Italian dressing, for serving
sea salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
Assorted chopped veggies for roasting such as mushrooms, onions, carrots, squash, zucchini, corn, beets, cauliflower, asparagus, peppers…...
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Slice veggies in thick slices and place on a baking sheet in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil (approx. 2 tbsp.) and season with salt and pepper. Roast veggies for approx. 20 minutes, stirring halfway through. If you are roasting thicker veggies such as beets and potatoes, you may need to roast them for an additional 10 minutes or so.
In a small skillet heat 1 tbsp. olive oil. Add pine nuts and 2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese and toast over medium, stirring constantly until browned, just a couple minutes.
To assemble your salad, place a few cups of lettuce on a plate then top with assorted roasted veggies, then poached egg, then a sprinkle of toasted Parmesan pine nuts, and top with additional cracked pepper and tbsp. of Parmesan (optional). Serve with a side of Italian dressing.
Tips for Roasting Veggies:
• Slice veggies in thicker slices. Especially tender veggies like onions and mushrooms, that will burn and cook down to inedible pieces if you cut them too small and thin.
• Lay veggies flat and in a single layer on baking sheets. This way they will roast evenly.
• Don’t forget the oil. Drizzle a healthy amount of olive oil (I like We Olive Delicate EVOO) on your veggies before roasting.
• Simply season! The basics: good sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper are absolutely required for roasting. You can add garlic powder, cayenne, etc. if you’d like but don’t forget salt and pepper!
• Flip or stir halfway through.
• Remember that some thicker veggies take longer (like beets, potatoes, corn) so roast those on a separate tray than the thinner veggies that cook quicker (like onions and mushrooms).
• Veggies are ready when they are soft, crispy, and you can pierce easily with a fork.
• Mix it up and try all sorts of veggies!