Your shopping cart is empty!
Pan Seared Scallops
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup white wine
1.Pat the scallops dry with towel or paper towels.
2. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the scallops (both sides).
3. Heat olive oil in a frying pan (don’t use non-stick) over high heat. When oil is hot, place the scallops in the pan with at least one or two inches between them (so they don’t crowd and steam one another). After two minutes, the base should be browned nicely. Flip the scallops and cook for another minute or until base is browned.
4. Remove scallops from heat and set on serving dish(es).
5. While still on high heat, drop a pat of butter into the pan. Move the pat around the pan until melted completely. Pour in the wine and use a whisk or spoon to scrape the fond from the pan and stir it into the liquid. Leave the heat on high and let the sauce boil until it reduces to desired consistency.
6. Immediately remove from heat and serve with scallops.